CAREER IN INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION – ALL THAT IT ENTAILS
By Temitope Onasoga Automation Engineer April 7, 2021
Rather than relying on human labour in industry, computerized and programmable control systems have higher accuracy and precision and are more cost-effective. An industrial automation engineer’s role is to implement the automation of a process and streamline the process to make it as efficient as possible, without compromising product quality.
There are plenty of good reasons to choose a path in industrial automation engineering.
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the development team
Why should you study and take a career in Industrial Automation?
- The need for automation will always increase. There isn’t an ongoing trend of adding more physical labour to manufacturing processes, hence Job opportunity and security.
- You will learn a broad range of skills
- Due to the high number of variances across manufacturing processes, every project brings new challenges, technologies, and lessons learned. There is an inherent requirement for collaborating with cross-functional teams, and the potential for personal growth and development is extremely high.
All these amongst others are good reasons to take a career in Industrial Automation; thinking of where to start from, think no further; Visit our Academy at https://www.greenpegacademy.com/.